22 May At-Home Yoga Exercises
Yoga focuses on discipline and is meant to benefit the body both physically and mentally. This Hindu practice spread to the West in the 20th century and is still widely practiced to this day. Many use yoga activities as a form of exercise, for physical therapy, and even for stress/anxiety. At Lake Country Physical Therapy & Sportscare, we offer Zoe~nergy yoga in Canandaigua, NY, to help improve your health in ways you never thought were possible through a variety of yoga methods and treatments.
What Are The Benefits of Yoga?
Yoga has been proven to help not only your mental and physical health but also a wide variety of health conditions. There are many different forms of yoga and intensity levels, all of which target various parts of your body. These forms of yoga can range from Hatha, which is a low-intensity form that focuses on breathing and meditation to Ashtanga, which is an advanced, high-intensity form that burns calories. You can practice all of these forms of Zoe~nergy Yoga in Canandaigua, NY, at Lake Country Physical Therapy & Sportscare!
At-Home Yoga Exercises
There are many different ways that you can practice these forms of yoga in the comfort of your own home. Focusing on exercises that are right for you is the key. Grab your yoga mat and your water bottle and try these exercises!
- Mountain Pose. Stand up straight, maintaining your natural stance. Next, rotate your thighs inward and engage your quads. This can help improve your posture!
- Garland Pose. Place your feet on your mat and squat down. Make sure to keep your heels planted. This is great to practice if you like to garden.
- Staff Pose. This is very similar to the mountain pose, except now you sit with your legs straight out. Maintain your posture and keep your legs flexed!
- Head to Knee Pose. Again, seated on your mat, bring your left foot to the inside of your right thigh, and grab your right foot. Switch legs after five breaths.
- Plank Pose. Resting in a push-up position, keep your arms and legs straight and do not let your body curve.
- Standing Forward Bend. Stand on your mat with your feet touching. Next, bend over and touch your toes. If you feel tightness in your hamstrings, bend your knees a little to release the tension.
Practice Zoe~nergy Yoga In Canandaigua, NY:
At Lake Country Physical Therapy & Sportscare, we prioritize your health. Our team offers a variety of programs and classes that are focused on your physical and mental health. Zoe-nergy is taught by Zoe Fackelman, PT, RYT500, CMRT, and owner of Lake Country Physical Therapy & Sportscare PC. Zoe will help you figure out what yoga is best for you and your abilities. Our classes not only better your health but are also a lot of fun! Contact us today to learn more!