April 2015 Newsletter
April is National Stress Awareness Month! I bet with everything going on in your fast paced and busy life you didn’t even know that. April has been National Stress Awareness Month since 1992. Today, we are living a faster pace lifestyle than ever before. We are constantly on the go and have a million things to get done. Everyone becomes stressed out at one point or another but this month, take a step back, put some of those errands on hold and take a deep breath.
Becoming too stressed can cause serious health problems such as heart disease, anxiety, and depression. This month steer away from stress and let yourself be happy using some of these easy remedies.
- Laugh! One of the main factors in reducing stress is just by laughing. Get together with some friends or go to a comedy show. How easy is that?
- A healthy diet is key. It’s simple, when you eat great, you feel great!
- Exercise. Going for a walk, a run or going to yoga is a great way to let all that stress go. We can help you manage pain that may be preventing you from exercise. Getting you started on an appropriate exercise program is very important. Preventing injury while you enjoy the benefits of exercise is crucial to your success and satisfaction. Give us a call, make an appointment and we will guide you with your exercise routine.
- Read a book. Take some time for yourself to sit quietly and get caught up in a good book!
- Lastly and most importantly, always have a positive outlook on things.
Now that you have all these tips on how to reduce the stress in your life, go do it! You won’t regret it, and who knows, maybe you will like this lifestyle better, and keep it up for months to come. This month, make that positive step in your life and do something to reduce your stress!